Saturday 21 July 2012

Nice to see you ... to see you nice!


After many many months of absence coupled with lots of teasing and prodding from Gee, I finally return to blogville. Who knew it would take this long eh? I didn’t even have a witty retort when Gee accused me of being a one-hit-wonder. Well, all that is in the past now… It’s good to be back, and it’s even better to prove her wrong lol. So much has happened since I’ve been away, as you might imagine.

Like a true subject of Mama Charlie, first a shout out to the weather lol…I survived another winter in the Burgh and the longest ever spring, thanks to an uncooperative previously-unheard of jet stream. They say we’ll get some good summer weather from next week, but at this point I’ll believe it when I see it.
My elder sister got engaged (yayyyyyy!), so we’re all gearing up for the wedding this autumn. This will be my second time as a bridesmaid. The first was at my aunt’s wedding in 1987, but of course we were called flower girls then… Anyways I’m so excited for the couple and I’m really looking forward to the wedding.

The friendship project is going well. The university badminton thingy didn’t take off cos there were way too many people involved and standing around in an overcrowded sports hall wasn’t much fun. I stayed on at my homegroup and I’m building great friendships there instead - slowly but surely. Everyday I’m reminded that friendship, like many other good things in life, is all about intentionality!

Blessings,
Uzy xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you proved me wrong dear!! welcome back

    ReplyDelete