Wednesday 25 July 2012

My best foot forward


After much internal deliberation and a very long conversation with my dear friend/ matchmaker, I finally took the plunge and waded into the deep waters of online dating. I chose a discreet username, registered with a singles-only Christians site, diligently answered the profile questions, and uploaded a photo. I must confess that I had some reservations about putting up a photo, but finally decided to go for it because that’s a practical way of getting more people to view my profile, plus it bought me an extra 3 days of free membership! And so began my first attempt at putting-myself-out-there since the break-up.

Next, I created two saved searches – one for my ideal guy in the UK and the other for my ideal guy anywhere in the world. My ideal guy would be a Pentecostal Christian whose faith defines him, be involved in church activities,  be between 31 and 38 years old and of African descent, have never been married, have no kids and no pets, be marriage-minded, be at least 5ft 6 ins tall, not smoke, and not drink heavily.

Before the end of day one, to my surprise and well, delight, some people had initiated contact. There was mr wink-buddy, mr i-want-to-find-my-baby-but-can’t-be-bothered-with-a-decent-profile, mr nna-men, mr location-location-location, and mr chatty-and-interesting-but-older-and-pictureless. I also typed a quick email to give mr i-like-your-profile-but-you’re-never-online an award for the most descriptive profile I had seen!

To be continued …

2 comments:

  1. It takes courage to try online dating and even upload your pix. Well done babes, waiting for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete